Thursday, September 24, 2009

Daffodils' Meadows



When I read I wondered lonely as a cloud by Wordsworth, the first thing that rised in my mind when I saw the title of the poem was; this is going to be so sad.

Infering meanings and creating fake images is easy to do. For example, the word lonely gave me a negative connotation and I built a wrong concept. Luckly, after listening to the poem, everything I have tought of was mistaken. Wordsworth poem is full of nature and deep thoughts. He related daffodils with his mind, with his memory, his time of reflection and relax. In a way, he included several components of nature in his poem, I could say that he felt a close relation with it.

I think that Wordsworth strongly enjoyed and admired nature and we could immediately see that in the title where he wrote a comparison between a cloud and a man. Sometimes, when I lived difficult or stressful moments I always imagine the country side, or a beautiful lake in the south of Chile. It is incredible how useful is that, it helps me to continue living and breathing. Maybe that was the real meaning of the daffodils. Why don’t we change Santiago’s side walks for a meadow of daffodils?

No comments: