Thursday, September 24, 2009

Are we going to be remembered?



After reading “When I Have Fears that I may Cease to Be” by Keats, I could relate the poem to my experiences and to what I’ve been living. I have always though that we, human beings, have a mision in the world. No matter the place we born, the family we have, the social status, the culture we belong to, there is a hidden purpose we have to discover.

According to Keats, he was afraid of dying and never be remembered. Maybe, he thought that his life was not good enough until that time and his acts were not special or meaningful to be remembered by others, by the society. I can not even think about how regretful Keats feels now in heaven. I imagine that there is a lot of people who percieve the same as Keat, but they are so wrong. I would say I was one of them. Four years ago I thought that the meaning of my life was study, have a family, earn money, have a dog and meet my grandsons. Nowadays, and thanks to my career, I know, and I’m sure about it, I’m here to change the world. The purpose of my life is helping students to be in the top and be part of society in order to create a better world. Actually, I’m not worried about death and don’t be remembered, as Keat was, because I know that I’m going to have an effect on my students.

Concluding with my ideas, I honestly believe that every single person in this world is going to be remembered one way or another. Day by day we are building our own story, and that story will belongs to the history of time.

No comments: